- Body: Swamp ash
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Wenge, with clay inlays
- Finish: Oil
- Scale length: 24"
- Neck Pickup: House of Tone Bronco pickup, Alnico V
- Bridge Pickup: House of Tone Bronco pickup, Alnico II
- Hardware: Dynamic Vibrato unit with Mastery M1 Bridge. Custom 3D-printed controls.
- Wiring: 4-position rotary to give series and parallel configurations in addition to individual pickup access
The Orange Surf
This beautiful surf guitar started out as a platform for us to test out new processes and new hardware for guitar construction. Process wise this guitar was one of the first we built from CAD to finished product (along with its sibling guitar, The Clydesdale). We used new woods for the first time (the wonderfully light Swamp Ash for the body, and Wenge for the neck).
The construction might be modern, but the configuration stays true to the original surf rock classic, with a dynamic vibrato bridge, Mustang style single coil pickups, and even clay inlays on the fretboard. Quality parts used throughout, like the Mastery bridge and hand wound pickups from House of Tone Pickups.
The final unique touch to this guitar is the 4-way pickup selector along with custom 3D printed selector to give you easy, ergonomic access to a wide range of tones.